(425) 493-1115 | (360) 336-8722
A Drug Evaluation will be required and the more you know now the better.
Offices: 2731 Wetmore Avenue, Bellingham, WA 98201
Call David for a Free Consultation: (360) 336-8722
A Snohomish County Marijuana DUI attorney could make the crucial difference in your defense if you are facing any drug-related DUI charges in Snohomish County, Washington. Across the country, the state of Washington is known as one of the toughest states on DUI drivers including those who are pulled over for diving under the influence of marijuana. But not every area of Washington handles these charges the same way. Law enforcement is particularly tough in cities such as Lynnwood, Everett and Marysville and the courts there seldom go easy on marijuana DUI drivers, even first-time offenders. When you hire a Snohomish County marijuana DUI attorney, they will be your relentless advocate and help you maximize your chances at every stage of the proceedings. Contact our Everett DUI Law Firm to discuss how we can help you.
These are just a few of the ways that a good attorney with significant DUI experience can help you in your fight. DUI defendants face a very steep battle in Snohomish County, but it doesn’t have to be all uphill. Call David Jolly today and see if he’s the right Lynnwood marijuana DUI attorney for you. If you are interested in one of the top Snohomish County DUI Defense Attorneys contacted the Law Firm of David N Jolly today for immediate help.
Marijuana driving is now treated exactly the same as driving under the influence of alcohol in Washington. This seems counter-intuitive to many people, because the effects of marijuana are very different, but it is still considered to alter your ability to react on the road and how alert you are, and is thus a danger to other driver and pedestrians. This also means that Washington drivers accused of using marijuana face a two-pronged legal battle for their driver’s license. It can be confusing and intimidating and an Everett marijuana DUI lawyer will help make it substantially easier to handle.
EXPERIENCED | SUCCESSFUL | AFFORDABLE
MARIJUANA DUI HELP
Is getting pulled over for a marijuana DUI a big deal? In Everett Snohomish County it is. The smartest thing to do is get an Everett marijuana DUI attorney, because Washington as a whole treats marijuana DUIs as a very serious offense and Everett is one of several areas known to prosecute aggressively. If you have been arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana, you face a battery of legal charges and you will need expert representation to hope to come through it unscathed. What can an Everett marijuana DUI attorney do for you? Here are three key advantages a skilled attorney offers:
1. Handling all of your charges. When you’re arrested for a marijuana DUI, you will likely be facing drug charges as well as DUI charges and potentially reckless driving or other vehicle charges. Very few people have an extensive working knowledge of all three of these areas, let alone how to build a strong defense to help keep you as safe as possible, but that’s exactly what a talented Everett marijuana DUI attorney specializes in. Public defenders rarely have this kind of specialization.
2. Experiential knowledge. You might be able to go to court on your own, but there’s no substitute for the knowledge that comes from years of experience. A good Everett marijuana DUI attorney will have extensive notes and records on all of the judges, all of the district attorneys and all of the arresting officers. They know the habits, views and tactics of each one and what to expect in and out of the courtroom. This allows a skilled attorney to develop stronger strategies for your defense and give you the very best chance of success. This kind of knowledge is also at the heart of shaving down your charges in the best possible plea bargain.
3. Walking you through a very complex process. The state of Washington prosecutes a marijuana DUI the same way as an alcohol DUI, with a very complex set of possible punishments plus a whole separate administrative hearing about your driver’s license. Together, these proceedings can be overwhelming, and handling them successfully involves a huge deal of legal paperwork, evidence gathering, and careful strategizing. It’s difficult, if not impossible, to manage all of this without a good Everett marijuana DUI attorney at your side.
Knowledge of marijuana DUI laws and how the drug actually effects a driver are some of the tools a good criminal defense lawyers should have. David Jolly is the first defense attorney in the Nation to have written about marijuana DUIs. He can protect you in Snohomish County courts as prosecutors take joy in convicting those who have marijuana in their system while operating a motor vehicle. Here is what you can expect in court.
1. Expect Prosecutor's to be Tough: A marijuana DUI driver typically faces drug charges plus DUI charges. The DUI charges alone are extensive. Possible penalties can include jail time, huge fines, and many other sanctions. Your marijuana DUI attorney in Lynnwood will help evaluate your chances of being acquitted of any of these charges. If acquittal seems impossible, they can prioritize the heaviest penalties and work to help you avoid them through a plea bargain or disqualifying certain key evidence at your trial. This can completely turn around your outcome.
2. You will be prosecuted the same as a drunk driver. This may seem odd because alcohol and marijuana are so different but both substances affect reaction time when driving and the state has chosen to handle both types of DUI the same way. That means that a large body of case law from the DUI world will affect your marijuana case. Your Lynnwood marijuana DUI attorney will know how to use precedents from DUI cases and common DUI defense strategies to maximize your chances.
3. You will have to fight for your license. If you’re found guilty the judge could order your license suspended, but long before you are ever given a chance to defend yourself at all, state bureaucrats may take it away in an administrative hearing. Many defendants are caught off guard by this hearing which is outside the court system, but a Lynnwood marijuana DUI Lawyer will be ready for it and know how to fight for your driver’s license.
2731 Wetmore Avenue, #401
Everett, WA 98201
LAW FIRM OF DAVID N. JOLLY
Penalties for a Marijuana DUI include Jail, License Suspension and IID.
Sometimes a police officer will pull over a driver specifically because they suspect marijuana use: for example, clouds of smoke coming out of the car windows, or if they were given a report of the smell of marijuana smoke coming from your car wherever you were parked. Even if you were parked when the police officer approaches your car, if you are sitting behind the wheel while smoking you may be charged with a marijuana DUI. No matter the situation, if you have been arrested it is imperative to immediately call a Marijuana DUI Lawyer in Snohomish County.
In other traffic cases, whether it be reckless driving, negligent driving or an alcohol DUI, a driver may be stopped for an infraction such as speeding, swerving, or erratic driving behavior. Police officers are trained to look for signs of both alcohol and drug use when they make routine traffic stops. An officer will look at your eyes, gauge your behavior, movement, and speech, and look for signs or smells of marijuana use in the car. If an officer finds clear evidence of drug use in the vehicle, you will need an experienced Snohomish Marijuana DUI attorney to fight the charges as the investigation may lead to an arrest and charge of driving under the influence.
In Snohomish County, officers may also use a blood test to determine marijuana use. If you were arrested on suspicion of driving stoned, you may be asked to submit to a blood draw. A result of 5 nanograms of THC – which can come from as little as one joint – is considered sufficient to convict for driving under the influence. Refusing the blood test can cause even bigger problems. Ask your Snohomish County Marijuana DUI attorney for details on how the blood test may affect your proceedings.
The DUI process is difficult and stressful so contact one of the most experienced and successful DUI lawyers in Snohomish County today. In Snohomish County and across Washington, marijuana DUIs are being treated very sternly by law enforcement. Don’t go to court alone: have a Snohomish County Marijuana DUI attorney by your side every step of the way.
The attorneys at the Law Firm of David N. Jolly know the Everett courts well and have a huge body of experience and a strong track record of success. Don’t go it alone. Ask David Jolly to be your Everett marijuana DUI attorney today – you will not regret it.
A Marijuana DUI arrest may mean an immediate court appearance.
Author of the Marijuana DUI Handbook
If you have been pulled over while under the influence of marijuana, it’s crucial to talk to a qualified Snohomish County Marijuana DUI attorney. Many people don’t realize that driving under the influence of marijuana is a crime above and beyond smoking or possessing marijuana. Often, marijuana users feel that the high they get from smoking up does not interfere with their ability to drive. However, the state of Washington views the matter very differently. Marijuana is considered to affect a driver’s alertness and potentially slow your reaction time or change your ability to make decisions while behind the wheel – and that’s considered an issue of public safety. Thus, when you’re pulled over for any road violation, if you have marijuana in your system you could be facing very severe penalties, and you will need the help of a Snohomish County Marijuana DUI attorney to maximize your success in fighting for your freedom.
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Further, if you are not a United States Citizens we strongly encourage consulting with an immigration attorney to determine how a criminal charge may affect your immigration status.
Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
GET IN TOUCH
Law Firm of David N. Jolly. All Right Reserved.
WEB | SEO
LAW FIRM OF DAVID N. JOLLY - OFFICE LOCATIONS
Whatcom County: 218 W. Champion St., Bellingham, WA 98225
Skagit County: 410 Myrtle St., Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Snohomish County: 2731 Wetmore, #401, Everett, WA 98201