The Law Firm's Client Bill of Rights
We believe as our client you have the:
- Right to talk to your attorney the same day you call.
- Right to be updated regularly and in a timely manner as to the progress of your case.
- Right to our respect.
- Right to expect competence from our firm and all who work here.
- Right to know the truth about your case.
- Right to prompt attention from us.
- Right to have your legal rights and options explained in plain English without legal mumbo jumbo.
- Right to a fair written fee agreement with our firm.
- Right to a fair fee for the work we do.
- Right to make the ultimate decision on your case.
All attorneys are governed by a higher standard called the Code of Ethics. We believe as attorneys we must live by these ethics in all that we do and say.
Among these ethics is one specific right you should be aware of that your lawyer is obligated to provide:
CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY: This is called attorney-client privilege. This means that a lawyer, or any member of his or her staff, cannot reveal most things you say or show to your lawyer. This is true if you have hired that lawyer or just talked with a lawyer and communicated certain information. There are exceptions such as someone who reveals something illegal such as a scheme to defraud or give perjured testimony.
Law Firm of David N. Jolly is committed to the highest standard in legal representation.
Our firm is unique in that from start to finish the client and the case are given full support by a group of attorneys and staff who provide the teamwork necessary to obtain the best possible results for our clients. It is not uncommon to have more than one attorney working on a case. We are also responsbile to our case load and you will only see our attorneys in court with you - we do not have other attorneys fill in for us in court, unlike many other attorneys.
No lawyer can ethically promise or guarantee results of the outcome of your case and neither can we. But, our firm is so committed to quality work, personal attention and client satisfaction that we will give you Our Personal Guarantee. If you are not 100% completely satisfied with the way we treat you and your case, during the first 30 days after hiring our firm, we will return your retainer with no questions asked.
Snohomish County: 2929 Rockefeller Avenue, Everett, WA 98201
Whatcom County: 301 Prospect Street, Bellingham, WA 98225